CSUF Entrepreneurship Success Story: Rachel Herzog ’18

Rachel Herzog '18

Rachel Herzog ’18

Graduation was this past weekend and it is a special time for all the graduates and their families. It’s a time to celebrate, reflect, and look forward. One student in particular has a lot of celebrate: Rachel Herzog ’18.

Rachel was one of those special students that went the extra mile and beyond. She was a fixture in multiple clubs, a leader in the classroom, and excelled academically. Her academic career was superb and I’m confident that there’s only great things in her future as well.

At graduation Rachel earned two awards: the Mihaylo College Executive Council Outstanding Student Award and the Outstanding Senior Award from the Alumni Association. These are in addition to many other honors she received while a student including: being a President’s Scholar, finishing well in the CSUF Startup Competition, and many more. Oh, and her graduation speech (rap) was covered by the KTLA 5 Morning News! Watch it below.

I was able to ask Rachel a few questions about her academic career, what these awards mean to her, and what she has planned for the future. Here is the interview.

CSUF Entrepreneurship: What does receiving these awards mean to you?

Rachel Herzog ’18: I am extremely honored, grateful, and humbled to be recognized. Cal State Fullerton is full of amazing individuals that are a privilege to learn from and work alongside everyday. I am so thankful to the selection committees for their generosity.

CSUF Entrepreneurship: How has your education prepared you for your career?

Rachel Herzog ’18: My education at Cal State Fullerton has not only prepared me for a successful career; it has helped me launch it. The material we learn in the classroom has given me advanced interdisciplinary knowledge and broadened my perspective on real-world issues. Beyond the curriculum, our school’s extensive programming allows us to build skills, strengthen our network, and develop into confident aspiring businessmen and women.

CSUF Entrepreneurship: Is there a particular teacher you appreciated? How did he or she make an impact on you?

Rachel Herzog ’18: There are so many professors that have truly made an enduring impact in my life. I’m indebted and forever grateful to Professor John Jackson, Dr. Lorenzo Bizzi, and Dr. Atul Teckchandani in Mihaylo College for all of the knowledge, wisdom and opportunity they’ve shared with me, as well as Dr. Sandra Perez, Director of the University Honors Program, for her consistent kindhearted support.

CSUF Entrepreneurship: What is next for you?

Rachel Herzog ’18: In June I will be joining CEO Coaching International as a Project Manager full-time. I’m very excited about the firm because their mission is to meaningfully improve the businesses and lives of CEOs, which will help me learn more about strategic management and effective leadership. I have a passion for entrepreneurship, so I hope to launch a professional services firm in the future. Within the next few years I plan to return to school to earn my MBA.

CSUF Entrepreneurship: Anything else you would like to share?

Rachel Herzog ’18: To community members considering involvement or investment in our university, I promise it is a decision you will not regret. To current and former faculty, staff, and students I say thank you so much for making the Titan experience transformational, world-class, and unforgettable. All glory to God for His ceaseless blessings.

#CSUF

Keep in touch with the weekly CSUF Entrepreneurship Insider:
bit.ly/CSUFEntrepreneurInsider

For more details on CSUF Entrepreneurship:
bit.ly/csufentrepreneurship

For more details on how we help people become entrepreneurs:
bit.ly/csufincubator

For more details on how CSUF Consulting can help businesses thrive:
bit.ly/csufconsulting

Attend one of our events for entrepreneurs or sign up for a free mentoring session:
bit.ly/CSUFEntrepreneurEvents

Knowledge @ CSUF Entrepreneurship:
bit.ly/CSUFknowledge

To connect with the CSUF Entrepreneurship team:
csufentrepreneurship@fullerton.edu

Comments?