The Economics major at Mihaylo College provides you with the following skills that are highly valued by employers.
- A solid understanding of economic principles that form the foundation of the corporate world and the basis of policy making
- A solid understanding of the global economy
- Overall quantitative and qualitative analytical ability
- Skills in problem solving and computation
- Skills in looking for sources of data
- Compilation of data and interpretation of data trends
- Testing of hypothesis
- Written communication: writing reports and research papers
- Oral communication: class presentations and class discussions
- Experience with statistical packages, such as SAS, Stata, and Eviews
Knowledge of these skills opens doors to a wide range of jobs: city, state, and federal government, Wall Street, law, banking, finance, insurance, real estate, utility companies, non-profits, regulation, sports, health, aging, academia, all aspects of business, and international agencies like the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.