INTERNSHIP JOB POSTING
FIRM: Compak Asset Management
Financial Planning Objective:
Provide students and CFP® candidates real world experience, working in a RIA-firm with a separate division comprised of CFP® Practioners. The planners spend 100% of their time involved with the development of comprehensive financial plans for their clients.
Two openings are available in our office for individuals seeking to fulfill a portion of the experience requirement for CFP® certification. For qualified, motivated applicants, this position offers exposure to virtually all facets of a financial planning practice.
1. Will contact clients to:
• Gather all necessary information from client so that a financial plan can be completed
2. May review the client’s financial statements, legal documents, and other data.
3. Will participate in the client’s financial plan interview, assessing and discussing:
a. the client’s goals and objectives
b. the client’s strengths and weaknesses
c. the client’s present situation
4. Will enter the data into Naviplan software program to develop client’s financial plan.
a) May also include the preparation of generic financial planning recommendations for the client.
5. May need to prepare a summary of miscellaneous financial planning techniques the client should be aware of or should consider.
6. May need to prepare calculations summarizing the clients risk management needs, including disability and life insurance needs.
7. May need to prepare calculations summarizing the client’s liquidity and survivor’s income needs in the event of a premature death.
8. May prepare alternative proposals (what if options) for the client
9. Will research applicable insurance solutions that may be deemed appropriate for the client’s objectives and needs. This may include approved product illustrations.
10. Using Naviplan and other applicable software, prepare the financial plan, analyses, or proposals (with the planner’s directions), on any of the above, for presentations to the client.
11. May review or update a client’s financial plan for the planner. (This will include the same activities as when the plan was originally prepared.
This internship is not anticipated to lead to a full-time position within the firm. It is expected that this internship will last 6 months, with a minimum commitment of 15-20 hours per week. The work schedule is flexible; however it is preferred that the hours will be over three days each week. Hours will be agreed on before the internship begins.
Minimum Position Requirements
♦ Bachelor’s degree
♦ Currently enrolled in the Financial Planning Certificate program with completion of a minimum of three (3) required
courses, including completion of “Survey of Financial Planning” course
♦ Demonstrated experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Google, and Windows 2000 or XP
♦ Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
♦ Detail oriented
♦ All interns will sign an agreement to keep client and trade secrets confidential
♦ Interns will agree to operate under the values and ethics of the CFP Board, FPA and NAPFA
Ideal Position Characteristics
1. Will report to a team of three (3) Certified Financial Planners.
2. PFP certificated or equivalent experience within the financial planning industry.
3. Detail oriented, have strong marketing and communication skills, and be able to managed multiple assignments in an
unstructured environment with critical time demands.
4. Should have computer familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite; Familiar with Naviplan preferred.
5. Insurance and Securities licenses are not required for this position; however, if Securities licensed, a clean U-4 is
CONTACT INFORMATION & HOW TO APPLY
Sponsor: Compak Asset Management
Send resume to Fred Jin, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls please.
Are you interested in merging your career with some of the biggest companies in the insurance industry? Here is the chance. Insurance Day, held each fall, gives you the inside scoop on what life in the insurance and financial services industry is really like! It is more than just a meet-and-greet!
We are proud to announce our sixth Insurance day which will be bigger and bigger and more informative than ever as we seek to put you on the path to success in insurance, financial services, risk management, actuarial science, and more! Insurance Day will be held on:
Date: October 8, 2014
Location: Mihaylo Hall Courtyard
There are CEO Keynote Speaker, Host Symposiums, CFO Summit, and *14-15 spots for mock interviews with professionals from the insurance industry. Doesn’t it sounds really Awesome. Grab the opportunity guys.
*first come, first served basis.
Take advantage of all-day advising sessions in the Mihaylo Hall courtyard and panel symposia offered by industry professionals. Talk to HR representatives from leading companies about opportunities in insurance, risk management, and financial services fields! Bring copies of your resume to advising sessions and to the symposia!
We are also promoting i-Day on Facebook. A lot more coming up. Stay tuned…
Also enjoy the food. We will get you a delicious pizza. Don’t miss it…
We are proud and very happy to share with you about the event ’2014 CIS scholarship awards ceremony’. The Center for Insurance Studies has received strong support from both industry and CIS friends, which has enabled us to financially reward deserving students with a number of different scholarships. CIS has provided almost $70,000 in scholarship support and awards to more than 60 students.
The goal of the Center for Insurance Studies is to educate talented individuals seeking a career in insurance & financial services and to act as a bridge between university and industry. The programs and events offered are designed to help students reach their educational and professional goals.
Congratulations to all the scholarship winners!!!
Please find the award ceremony pictures in the link below.
Scholarship for registration fees to The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF) Women in Insurance Conference Series. For more information, check out here. To apply: send the application attached below to Melissa Duncan at Maduncan@iicf.com
Full-Time Employment Opportunities:
Summer Internship Opportunities: