Mihaylo Accounting Undergrad Honored With $10,000 Academic National Scholarship

Accounting undergrad Jocelyn Lee ’19 is the recipient of a PCAOB National Scholarship. Photo from the Accounting Society

Jocelyn Lee ’19 (accounting) is the recipient of a Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) National Scholarship. The award honors outstanding accounting students and encourages them to pursue an auditing career.

For Jocelyn Lee ’19, hard work and good grades have paid off – literally. The junior accounting major was honored with the PCAOB National Scholarship this June, a one-time $10,000 award which will provide funding for her academic program during the 2017-2018 school year.

Lee, a member of the accounting honor society, Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) , and a treasurer for the Accounting Society, has a GPA of 4.0. She has been recognized on the Mihaylo College Dean’s Honors List for each semester since fall 2015.

“I’m very excited, yet humbled, to receive the PCAOB scholarship,” says Lee. “Two of my accounting professors actually did the nominating process without informing me, so imagine my excitement when I learned that I would receive the award! I definitely appreciate their support. It is encouraging to have this recognition, and it makes me want to do more and be more involved. I’m glad that, with this scholarship, I am representing both the accounting profession and CSUF.”

Lee is seeking an entry-level career opportunity in the public accounting field while studying at Mihaylo. “I am currently going through the public accounting recruiting process, and I can’t wait to see where the next two years in college takes me. Because of our great accounting program, I was able to receive this opportunity,” she says.

The PCAOB is a congressionally established nonprofit corporation charged with the oversight of audits of public companies. Scholarship honorees are nominated by universities across the United States, and the awards are funded by the monetary penalties imposed for noncompliance with PCAOB policies.

Mihaylo’s accounting programs offer undergraduate and graduate academic programs, student clubs, access to internship and job opportunities, and networking opportunities. For more information, visit the Department of Accounting online or at SGMH 4313.

About dcoats

I'm Daniel Coats, a CSU Fullerton Communications graduate student
This entry was posted in Life at Mihaylo and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.